The College of the Arts is a destination of choice for students seeking the highest quality training in the visual and performing arts. The college prides itself on being an institution with regional focus and national impact - we serve the local community while influencing all areas of the arts nationwide. Our Art (with Concentration in Creative Photography and Experimental Media) graduates perform on Broadway and in major opera houses; work for major television and film productions both on and off camera; and show their artwork in galleries across the country.
The college is home to one of the largest theatre programs in the state with an emphasis in technical theatre, providing the industry with numerous workforce-ready theatre technicians. Our Visual Arts complex is home to one of only a few large, comprehensive art programs in the Cal State system, distinguishing itself from other campuses.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
Our affordable undergraduate and graduate programs provide students the best of current practice, theory and research and integrate professional studies with preparation in the arts and sciences. Through experiences in and out of the classroom, students develop the habit of intellectual inquiry, prepare for challenging professions, strengthen relationships to their communities and contribute productively to society.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Writing in the Visual Arts
- Creative Photography
- Creative Photography
- The Digital Studio
- Seminar in Creative Photography
- Creative Photo Studio Projects
- Studio Expanded: Other Genre
- Video Art and the Moving Image
- Special Studies in Creative Photography
- Descriptive Drawing
- Beginning Crafts
- Drawing and Painting (Experimental (Methods and Materials)
- Beginning Sculpture
- Life Drawing for Animation
- Lettering and Typography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 1962 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Below are the general requirements for applying to the University as a freshman international student:
- Coursework equivalent to senior high school in the U.S.
- Subject requirements (see details below)
- English language proficiency (see details below)
- Above-average class standing
- Explanation After High School Letter (only if you have graduated from high school when you applied to CSUF)
International16399 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16399 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8613 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State8613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8613 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.