Students receive a broad education that combines the best of the liberal arts tradition with the practicalities of job-related skills. The students take courses in both social theory and research design, and they learn to analyze social problems using critical thinking skills.
Students in the Sociology program at Valparaiso University must complete the general-education requirements for the B.A. This University-wide core strengthens communication and critical thinking skills while introducing the student to global cultures and traditions.
The sociology concentration can lead to careers in administration in a variety of community, government, and social service agencies, market research, or other vocations that require an understanding of the dynamics of human relationships in a multicultural society.
The concentration also prepares students for graduate study in sociology and/or law. Students who seek careers involving agency administration should consider the fundamentals of business minor.
- Systems of Social Stratification
- Development of Sociological Theory
- Research Methods in Sociology
- Statistical Methods
- General Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
Rolling admissions. However, applying as early as possible after our application opens is recommended to have the greatest number of scholarship opportunities. The international deadline of May 1, is the preferred date.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 879 other Bachelors in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Valparaiso University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Your application to Valparaiso University
- A copy of your passport
- An official copy of your high school transcripts, with an English translation if they are in another language. Your transcripts are considered official if:They are sent directly from your guidance counselor or another high school official.
- You bring them to campus in a sealed and stamped envelope that came directly from your high school.
- They are sent directly from a credential evaluator, such as WES or ECE.
- They are directly from a government sponsoring organization or EducationUSA officer.
International43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43400 USD per year during 48 months.
National43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43400 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Valparaiso
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.