Students may opt to study the Hebrew language to complement their understanding of Jewish history and culture. A minor in Jewish Studies provides a foundation to thrive in a variety of majors and/or Pathways.Students completing a minor in Jewish Studies will:
- Gain an overarching understanding of Jewish thought, customs and traditions;
- Become familiar with different disciplinary approaches and interpretive frameworks;
- Develop close reading skills through engagement with core Jewish texts;
- Refine their ability to express themselves in writing.
Special OpportunitiesThe Jewish Studies minor can be combined with any major at Connecticut College. There are no specific language requirements for Jewish Studies, however you can take one Hebrew course for credit toward the fulfillment of the minor. With the approval of the program director, courses completed at other institutions and study away courses may be counted toward the minor requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Jewish traditions
- Jewish ideas
- Elementary Hebrew
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 1858 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School report: includes (1) college counselor recommendation, (2) official secondary school transcript with first term (quarter or trimester) grades for the current academic year and (3) mid-year report with updated grades as soon as they are available
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferably from junior or senior year)
- Common Application Early Decision Agreement Form for EDI & EDII applicants (signed by ED applicant, college counselor and parent or legal guardian) submitted via your Common Application account
- If English is not your native language: the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE is required.
- All non-US citizens must submit a Certification of Finances for International Students (pdf)
International75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National75315 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 75315 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.