Examining how the production of architecture shapes the physical environment is the fundamental guiding principle of the Applied Studies curriculum at SCI-Arc.
Applied Studies tasks students at Southern California Institute of Architecture with investigating how the world is constructed, what constitutes an environment, and speculating about the ways in which the architecture of the next century might respond to global change.
- Foundation courses cover topics such as building methodology, structural analysis, material development and tectonics, acoustics, lighting, and environmental systems.
- Advanced courses explore the design consequences of the continued material and technical development of architectural proposals in the built world.
- Environmental Systems
- Tectonics and Materiality
- Design Development
- Professional Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology View 407 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and application fee
- Personal Statement
- SCI-Arc Supplement Question
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Portfolio (optional)
- Official High School Transcript(s)
- Official SAT I or ACT Test Scores (optional)
International49490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24745 USD per semester during 48 months.
National49490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24745 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.