Writing from Sarah Lawrence College focuses on the art and craft of writing. Courses in poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction are offered.
Graduates with Writing from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- practice their writing and critique each other’s work.
- explore an array of distinctive perspectives and techniques that will extend their own writing ability—whatever their preferred genre.
- gain close, continual mentoring and guidance and with opportunities to encounter personally their teachers’ professional experiences.
- pursue subjects and issues that interest them
- develop their own voice
- hone their techniques
- grow more sophisticated as readers and critics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Enemies of Fiction: A Fiction-Writing Workshop
- The Rules—and How to Break Them
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: Writing and Producing Audio Fiction Podcasts
- Reading and Writing Fiction
- The Transformation Process: Memoir and Fiction
- The Episode: A Course in Connections
- The Source of Stories: Writing From Your Own Experience and Beyond
- Intensive Semester in Yonkers: From the Known to the Unknown: Getting to Know the World Through Writing
- The Unconscious, The Absurd, The Sublime, and the Impossibly Probable
- After Nature: On Writing the Environment
- Writing About the Arts
- Narrative Journalism in the Age of S-Town and other Serialized Podcasts
- Experiments With Truth
- Hybrids of Poetry and Prose: A Multi-Genre Workshop
- Explorations in the Poetic Voice
- Poetry: On and Off the Page
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 403 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.