The Drawing and Painting program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design supports you through rigorous technical experiences, including observationally based work in introductory courses and greater freedom in advanced classes.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Drawing and Painting from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and techniques that are developed through perceptual experience.
- Reference historical and contemporary painting and their subsequent aesthetic and ideological contexts.
- Observe professional practice, self-criticality, and self-reliance.
- Defend position verbally and in writing, and analyze and critique the work of others.
- Exhibit problem solving, critical thinking, a conceptual understanding of craft and content, and sustained inquiry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Painting: Materials and Techniques
- Drawing: Color and Mixed Media
- Drawing: Figure
- Issues in Abstraction
- Painting: Water-Based Media
- Image and Text
- Operative Drawing
- Painting as Object
- Representational Studio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
National41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.