The Animation program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design equips graduates to move into the world beyond with visual communication skills as well as up-to-date technical proficiencies.In this major you are exposed to animation techniques using illustrated, stop-motion, and computer-generated approaches. You develop a personal style through rigorous foundation studies after which you are encouraged to collaborate and expand your individual work.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Animation from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of animation through written critical evaluation of animated films and be able to analyze work in a historical context.
- Create work in a variety of animation techniques including hand-drawn, 3D, stop-motion, and experimental methods.
- Implement the use of storyboarding, animatics, and essential pre-production techniques to develop a narrative concept.
- Constructively evaluate, interpret, and critique your own work and the work of others.
- Exhibit knowledge of professional workflow, expectation, and market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 3D Animation
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Rigging/Rendering
- Drawing for Animators
- Character Design
- 2D Digital Animation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 839 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
National41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.