Through the flexibility of online study, students of this program build on prior knowledge gained at the associate's degree level, and explore pressing issues related to today's changing global healthcare environment.
The program in Nursing offered by The City University of New York is designed to assist students in developing intellectual curiosity and a spirit of inquiry essential to professional development.
Career and Academic Prospects
- The RN to BS in Nursing program prepares licensed registered nurses to assume leadership positions in acute care, as well as community-based and long-term care settings.
- Students gain the expertise needed to meet the challenges of the evolving healthcare system, as well as the knowledge and experience required to move forward into graduate level studies and advanced practice nursing.
The RN to BS in Nursing at CUNY School of Professional Studies is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- General Chemistry
- Transition to Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment and Promotion in Nursing Practice within Culturally Diverse Populations
- Health Teaching in Diverse Cultures
- Caring for Patients, Including Diverse Populations, in their Communities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority Deadline: November 8, 2021
DisciplinesChemistry Nursing Health Sciences View 24 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements.
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.