The BA in Communication and Media program at The City University of New York students examine how social and organizational cultures influence how people communicate, envision ethical principles, empower and motivate actions, resolve conflict, and interact with others through the scope of mass media.
Students in the program:
- Develop communication strategies that are responsive to cultural and audience differences and the requirements of new media.
- Understand the global reach of communication and media and how they serve as powerful links between and among the world’s cultures.
- Explore ethical issues of journalism, advertising, and public relations.
- Examine web design, information architecture, page layouts, and user research.
Career opportunitiesThe program prepares graduates for careers in advertising, public relations, broadcasting, journalism, digital media, management, and international organizations. The degree also provides a strong foundation for graduate training in a wide variety of professional specializations.
- Digital Literacy
- Mass Media Ethics
- Web Design
- The Mediated Globe
- Mass Communication
- The Mediated City
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 50 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United States
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements.
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.