The mathematics major at Houghton provides an academically rigorous environment for you to learn and thrive. The major prepares you to work both collaboratively and independently and develops oral and written communication of mathematics, a combination of content, reasoning and communication that readies you for a wide variety of vocations.
Serve as a teaching assistant, or conduct research alongside your professors. Present your findings at national conferences, and be published in industry journals. Be part of a community of mathematicians that sits down for a weekly math tea with a problem of the week (and baked goods), celebrates Pi Day and holds an annual department picnic.
Graduates pursue graduate school and careers in actuarial science, architecture, computer science, education, finance, industry, the health professions, law and even linguistics.
Why Major in Mathematics at Houghton College?
- Small class sizes and active learning create a supportive, engaging learning environment.
- Excellent faculty members who are approachable and committed to your learning.
- Graduates are successful in finding employment and being accepted to graduate school.
- Research opportunities include a yearly seminar course and Houghton’s Summer Research Institute.
- Students who major in mathematics become better writers, better speakers, better thinkers, and better members of society.” – From the Mathematical Association of America’s 2015 Committee on the Undergraduate Program in Mathematics Curriculum Guide to Majors in the Mathematical Sciences
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus for the Life Sciences
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Introduction to Proofs
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 1749 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.