A history major at Houghton College provides you with the knowledge and skills to turn those lessons into actions that make a difference.
In whatever sphere—politics, religion, culture, economics, social relations—the study of past human experience requires research, analysis, interpretation, organization and communication.
A degree in history from Houghton will strengthen your analysis, writing, research and methodology skills to prepare you for the workforce. Explore history’s larger perspective on enduring truths as you investigate questions about identity, what we believe and why.
Your training provides an excellent background for careers in law, ministry, public administration, government service, college and secondary teaching, business, international service, and more.
Why Major in History?
- Pursue your individual interests, and shape your own program of study with guidance from excellent professors.
- Collaborate with faculty members to discover your talents and strengths, and engage in high-level scholarship.
- Small class sizes allow for focused discussion, engaging literature and developmental writing.
- Internship, independent study and study abroad opportunities expand your horizons and deepen your perspectives.
- Faculty members all hold the highest degrees in their fields and are published research historians who integrate their academic disciplines with the Christian faith.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Senior capstone: Senior History Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.