The computer science program includes a balanced mixture of theory and application. Students learn to effectively use the technology of today and create the technology for tomorrow with a thorough understanding of a programming language and structures as well as foundations of computer architecture and networks. Throughout the major, emphasis is placed on the ability to apply understanding of fundamental concepts to solve problems.
Beyond traditional offerings in programming, networking, databases, data structures and algorithms, our major has included some interesting and challenging courses such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Neural Networks and Computational Biology. Coursework within the major responds to current trends in the field. The newest versions of software are used for teaching, and special courses are offered to introduce new topics..
Why Major in Computer Science at Houghton College?
- Learn computer science by doing computer science in our research-based, hands-on program.
- Develop and hone technical skills through building and updating desktop machines in the science computer lab from raw components.
- Spend the summer doing real, cutting-edge research—and get paid for it.
- Gain practical experience in Houghton’s Technology Service Office supporting the network infrastructure and addressing computer hardware and software issues.
- Work collaboratively with your professors on research projects aimed at solving real-world problems, then publish and present your research at national conferences.
- Join 100 percent of Houghton computer science graduates who are employed or attending graduate school within one year of graduation.
- Develop close mentoring relationships with Christian faculty members who care about your academic, emotional and spiritual growth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Proofs
- Machine Learning
- Computer Architecture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 612 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.