The Child Development and Education at Washington and Jefferson College combines coursework in education and psychology. The requirements have been selected to provide students with a firm grounding in developmental psychology and the principles of elementary instruction and assessment. This curriculum is designed to prepare students with an understanding of the developmental needs and cognitive abilities of students across a broad range of situations and academic disciplines. Dual Special Education certification PreK – 8 is an option available for students majoring in Child Development and Education.
Students majoring in Child Development and Education have the option to seek certification in the State of Pennsylvania for Early Childhood Certification in grades Prek-4 and/or Elementary/Middle Level Certification in grades 4-8 for Language Arts or Mathematics or Science or Social Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3428 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.