History from Oglethorpe University's students don’t just absorb knowledge of historical figures and events, or memorize names and dates. They go further, much further: analyzing historical moments for their greater significance; exploring their connections to past, present, and future; challenging dominant narratives; uncovering hidden causes and implications.
In other words, Oglethorpe students encounter history not as an ossified record of the past, but as an ever-evolving inquiry into a story that is still shaping us today.
Small, discussion-driven classes – and a focus on written and oral presentation – teach students how to effectively articulate and support their ideas. Overall, the curriculum emphasizes skilled research, strong critical thinking skills, and intelligent debate, producing graduates with fierce intellectual firepower and strong career prospects.
Life After Oglethorpe
History majors frequently pursue careers as archival specialists, librarians and research assistants, museum staff, or historical preservations. Other likely fields include education, diplomacy, journalism, law, public relations, and public service.
- A history degree from Oglethorpe is an excellent foundation for graduate study in a diverse selection of fields: archaeology, anthropology, political science, international studies, social work, and of course, a master’s or Ph.D.
- Recent alumni are attending graduate school at American University, Columbia University, Emory University, Georgia State University, West Virginia University, and others.
- The Vikings and the Anglo-Saxons
- The Age of Chivalry, 800-1450
- The Renaissance and Reformation
- The Age of Revolution- Europe and the Atlantic World 1776-1849
- The Age of Empire and Nationalism – Europe 1848-1914
- The Age of World Ware- Europe 1914-1945
- The Age of Affluence: The United States Since 1945
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It’s never too late to apply Regular Decision: It’s quick. Apply anytime and you will receive your admission decision on a rolling basis
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 2422 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oglethorpe University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- F-1 Visa Requirements
- Declaration of Finances
- Recommendation Letter
- Application Fee
International43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
National43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.