Art History from Oglethorpe University is based on the belief that with the earliest examples of human artwork now dating back as far as 40,000 years ago, the visual arts are one of the very oldest means of human expression. Their history is intrinsically bound up with the story of civilization, and even what it means to be human—an incredible subject to explore in the intellectually stimulating environment at Oglethorpe, grounded by the broader context of the liberal arts.
As an Art History student, you’ll discover the history and context of visual media such as architecture, drawing, painting, photography, and sculpture, along with evolving contemporary and digital forms. The course election is extensive, ranging from Ancient to Modern, in wide-ranging topics like Symbology; Archaeology; Far Eastern Art; Italian Renaissance; Modern Art; 18th and 19th Century European Art; Art of the Pre-Columbian Americas, Africa, and Oceania; and Modern Architecture.
Life After Oglethorpe
- As an Art History graduate, you’ll be well-prepared for rewarding work in a museum, as a curator, in the preservation field working with cherished art and antiques, as an administrator in a not-for-profit organization, or as an educator.
- Oglethorpe Art History grads enjoy an especially high placement rate for graduate programs and careers in the arts: around 85 to 90 percent.
- Follow in the footsteps of students like Alma Kadri ’14, currently enrolled in SCAD Atlanta’s graduate program in Historic Preservation, or Katie Boone ’10, now finishing her Ph.D. in World Heritage Studies at the University of East Anglia in England.
- Theories of Communication and Rhetoric
- Medieval and Renaissance Literature
- Ancient Greece
- History of Christianity
- Film and Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It’s never too late to apply Regular Decision: It’s quick. Apply anytime and you will receive your admission decision on a rolling basis
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 2679 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oglethorpe University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- F-1 Visa Requirements
- Declaration of Finances
- Recommendation Letter
- Application Fee
International43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
National43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.