As the presence of big data increases in the health and bioscience research fields, there is a growing demand for employees with strong interdisciplinary training in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and technology. Bioinformatics Candidates at University of Saint Joseph must have laboratory equipment skills, as well as the ability to design and implement research and manage and analyze large databases. With a bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics from USJ, students graduate fully prepared with the analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills necessary to succeed in this growing career.
A growing need for individuals with this Bioinformatic skillset means graduates can choose from a variety of careers, including:
- Research and discovery
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
- Information technology
- Contract research organization
- Insurance companies
- Health care institutions/organizations
- Database administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Database management
- Data mining
- Software design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Admission to USJ is made on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 446 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- Each school has different requirements for standardized testing. Most schools require the SAT or ACT, and many also require SAT subject tests.
- University of Saint Joseph hasn't explicitly named a policy on SAT/ACT requirements, but because it's published average SAT or ACT scores (we'll cover this next), it's likely test flexible. Typically, these schools say, "if you feel your SAT or ACT score represents you well as a student, submit them. Otherwise, don't."
- Despite this policy, the truth is that most students still take the SAT or ACT, and most applicants to University of Saint Joseph will submit their scores.
International39636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19818 USD per semester during 48 months.
National39636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19818 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for West Hartford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.