Using your God-given gifts to help those in need
Do you have a heart for social justice and helping those in need? Congratulations. You have what it takes to change the world and be a social worker. We need people like you! People with both zeal and compassion are uncommon and have what it takes to create change and make a difference in the world. This an opportunity to use your God-given gifts to serve God and the world, and have a fulfilling career.
Let’s talk about the long term. Upon graduation you’ll have acquired the skills and knowledge and a year of practice experience to immediately enter into generalist professional practice. So, how do you get there? Everything that you learn will be centered around the Council on Social Work Education’s (CSWE) nine competencies. They include: demonstrating professional behavior, advancing human rights, using practice-informed research and research-informed practice, and engaging with a diverse range of people.
What makes us unique? Simple. Our philosophy of education. We believe that Christian service, quality research, and hands-on learning are the best ingredients for your growth as a competent professional. You’ll learn comprehensive methods in providing support and counsel to individuals, families, and groups, communities and organizations in need.
The primary mission of the Social Work program of Concordia University Wisconsin is to prepare graduates for baccalaureate level, generalist, social work practice, within the context of faith, service and social justice. To fulfill this mission, the CUW Social Work program is based on CSWE’s nine competencies:
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice
- Advance Human Rights and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
- Engage in Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- Engage in Policy Practice
- Engage with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Assess Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Intervene with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations and Communities
- Evaluate Practice with Individuals, Families, Groups, Organizations, and Communities
What to expect
Your classes will consist of understanding human behavior, policy, ethics, the use of theory in practice, research and how to build relationships with individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations. Guess what? That is exactly what you’ll be further developing through your field experience/internship. This significant requirement helps you prepare for your first professional position by allowing you to apply your knowledge, values and skills in a real-world setting. Our faculty will give you the tools needed for generalist, social work practice within the context of faith, service to others, and social justice.
- Social Work Teacher
- Child Social Worker
- Health Care Social Worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work & Social Welfare
- Introduction to Child Welfare
- Social Welfare Policy & Programs
- Research Methods
- Field Education
- Human Behavior/Social Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Plan to apply 3-4 months prior to your intended start date.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 587 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Graduation from the equivalent of US high school
- GPA equivalency of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of English language proficiency with minimum scores of 61 TOEFL, 6 IELTS or 55 PTE (students without these scores can still apply for conditional admission)
- ACT or SAT is not required for admission, but a result will increase scholarship options
International30060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30060 USD per year during 48 months.
National30060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30060 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Mequon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.