Treatments often incorporate arts and crafts, animals, sports, games, dance, music, and community outings.
The Therapeutic Recreation option at St. Thomas Aquinas College prepares students to work with people of all ages with physical disabilities, emotional disturbances, mental disorders, chemical dependencies, Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and dual diagnoses. The upper-level classes require students to do field work and or community service in the surrounding communities.
The final course is a Therapeutic Recreation Internship, where students commit a full 560 hours of service in any of the over 125 official sites that our college has established in the tri-state area. Our students are well prepared to incorporate class work into practice upon completion of this program, which is certified under the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification.
Careers In Therapeutic Recreation
- Our therapeutic recreation graduates are well prepared; more than 90% find full-time employment upon graduation.
- Employment opportunities include positions in after-care agencies, hospitals, non-profit agencies, nursing homes, prisons, recreation centers, rehabilitation centers, school districts, and summer camps.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students at STAC can participate in clinical, hands-on experience under the guidance of Dr. Levine Madori in the Therapeutic Recreation Research Methods Course R/L 407.
- The class has conducted and published research findings in the American Therapeutic Recreation Research Institute and the New York State Therapeutic Recreation Association.
- The research class has conducted clinical research at Bergen Regional Medical Center, Northern Manor Rehabilitation Hospital and Cornell University.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 2022 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your Common Application. It's a snap! Remember to include your college essay
- Have your college counselor send us transcripts from your secondary (high) school
- Send your SAT or ACT scores to STAC
- All international students are required to take either the TOEFL , IELTS, or Pearson PTE English language proficiency exam
- STAC requires at least one letter of recommendation
- Any student attending secondary (high) school outside of the U.S. must have a transcript evaluation completed by any of the organizations on the NACES membership list
International32250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16125 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16125 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.