At STAC, you’ll learn how to evaluate complex problems, study evidence, and construct an intelligent argument. You’ll also learn to read critically, write clearly, how to analyze problems, how to study evidence and construct an argument, and become an informed citizen. In fact, history is one of the most versatile college majors because it straddles the social sciences and the humanities, arts and languages, science and economics.
Our History Department from St. Thomas Aquinas College offers a course in Native American History – and then students travel to Pine Ridge, South Dakota to work on the reservation in a variety of ways, seeing first-hand those issues they discussed in class. Read about Katelyn McGovern's experience at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
Careers In History
- History majors may find careers in government, politics, law, nonprofit organizations, curatorial and archival management, journalism, education, and business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- There is also a course offering in the History of Nicaragua. In class, students learn about the history of this impoverished country, and then during spring break, they spend a week there helping to build houses and improve lives working with the Bridges to Community Organization.
- The disciplines within the School of Arts and Sciences are connected by a shared commitment to uncover and explain the inherent complexities within what seem like simple facts and obvious claims about the world. We believe that this activity, commonly known as critical thinking, is essential to student success in all areas of life.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory View 1971 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your Common Application. It's a snap! Remember to include your college essay
- Have your college counselor send us transcripts from your secondary (high) school
- Send your SAT or ACT scores to STAC
- All international students are required to take either the TOEFL , IELTS, or Pearson PTE English language proficiency exam
- STAC requires at least one letter of recommendation
- Any student attending secondary (high) school outside of the U.S. must have a transcript evaluation completed by any of the organizations on the NACES membership list
International32250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16125 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16125 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.