This program is for students in Juneau and rural Alaskan communities and others who desire the flexibility of an e-Learning program. Students in this Elementary Education program at the University of Alaska Southeast must be self-directed learners, have access to high speed internet connections, and prepare for a 9-month intensive student teaching experience in their senior year.
Students are assessed relative to national and state standards, including National Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (NCATE) standards, the Alaska Teacher Standards, the Alaska Student Content Standards, the Alaska Standards for Culturally Responsive Schools, and the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) Standards.
The degree requirements are interdisciplinary and provide breadth in the content areas necessary for successful teaching at an elementary level and depth in the opportunities to connect theory and practice in a variety of real classroom, school, and community contexts.
The main components of this program include:
- subject area coursework in UAS General Education Requirements (GERs);
- additional subject area coursework in those areas important for successful teaching at an K-8 level;
- foundation courses in education with practical experiences in the schools; and
- a capstone year-long experience where the professional education courses are integrated with field experiences and student teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- Small Group Communication and Team Building
- Public Speaking
- Computational Skills
- College Algebra for Calculus
- Survey of Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3545 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Professional Letters of Recommendation
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Professional Objectives
- Submit Official Transcripts
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 48 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15264 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5076 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.