The aim of the Department of English at University of Mary Hardin Baylor is to promote the knowledge and appreciation of literature, to introduce the basic concepts of rhetoric and argumentation, and to help students master principles of effective writing. In addition, the department helps majors and minors to prepare for careers in teaching or other fields and provides the foundation needed for graduate study. Creative writing is encouraged by the opportunity to contribute to and produce the University literary magazine, The Baylorian . Students may also participate in the production of a professional literary journal, Windhover: A Journal of Christian Literature, and in the annual Writers’ Festival each January.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Contemporary Global Literature
- Creative Writing (courses in prose and poetry)
- Literary Periods and Genres
- Literary Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2634 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
- Complete and submit your application for admission.
- Submit an official transcript from each high school attended.
- Final official transcripts must be submitted upon graduation and must include your graduation date and class rank.
- Submit your scores from the SAT or ACT.
- While a writing sample score is required from either the ACT or SAT, the score will not affect your admissions status; it will be used for academic advising purposes.
- First-time college students aged 25 or older who do not rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class will be required to take the ACT or SAT.
- Submit bacterial meningitis vaccine documents (Not required for students age 22 or older).
- GPA 3.0
International29400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 980 USD per credit during 48 months.
National29400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 980 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Belton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.