OverviewThe Sociology major is designed to provide a broad intellectual and sociological background. The program provides students with both theoretical and methodological tools as well as substantive insights to assist them in understanding social life, social organization, and social action. Outcomes
- Explain and identify key sociological concepts.
- Exhibit, e.g., by comparing and contrasting, a sound understanding of key sociological theories.
- Identify the particulars of standard social science research and statistical methods, knowledge that will enable students to study and analyze social issues.
- Demonstrate, including through the use of examples, critical thinking in substantive sociological areas, e.g., marriage and the family, deviance and social inequality.
- Effectively specify, explain and describe sociological changes affecting diverse groups in the United States.
- Via substantive contemporary examples that illustrate comprehension of subject matter, demonstrate the proper utilization of international data to explain global interconnectedness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 1548 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application for admission;
- Non-refundable $20 application fee (Personal checks are not accepted);
- Official high school transcript; or GED test results and certificate along with your high school transcript for the time you attended;
- Scores from either the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT);
- One letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, principal, head of school, or school official;
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor;
- Admissions essay.
International13396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13396 USD per year during 48 months.
National13396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13396 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8026 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8026 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.