Biological Studies students from Eastern University have similar requirements to the B.S. in Biology, but one, rather than two, years of Chemistry is required, there is a required course in Biotechnology, an internship is required, and there is a wider range of electives.
Why Choose Eastern?
- Personalized teaching: Our largest classes (60-80 students) are our two introductory courses. Otherwise, upper level courses have approximately 20 students or less. Senior research and thesis classes are limited to 5 students. Students can have extensive faculty contact both during and outside of classes and have diverse course offerings each semester.
- Faculty research and service: Students can receive credit in directed research projects working with professors in their area of expertise.
- Christian faith integration: We seek to integrate a Christian worldview - truth God has revealed in the Bible - with our study of the measurable. This includes wrestling with the best responses to new knowledge and technologies, whether issues of global climate change, applications of genetics or issues surrounding evolution.
- General Biology
- Basic Techniques in Biotechnology
- Creation, Evolution, and the Organization of Biology
- Animal Physiology
- Cell Biology
- Environmental Issues
- Medical Parasitology
- Molecular Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Eastern operates on rolling admissions. International students are encouraged to apply at least 90 days before the beginning of the program.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Genetics View 976 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Apply to Eastern University:
- Print & Mail
- Official high school transcript or official GED
- SAT or ACT score results: Optional for high school students. Required for consideration for our top academic scholarship, as well as for certain majors.
- Academic Reference: Print & Mail
- Optional essay question: After reading the mission statement of Eastern University, please describe how you see your talents, interests and abilities fitting into the mission of the University. Maximum one page.
International34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17495 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.