Illinois Dominican University teacher candidates who major in elementary education experience a comprehensive, clinically based program that includes:
- The liberal arts and sciences core curriculum,
- Foundational courses within the School of Education and
- Extensive supervised, clinically based courses that focus on the development of practices essential to beginning teachers.
The Elementary Education major requirements for the elementary program include both foundational and professional courses.
Foundational courses focus on building understanding in areas such as child growth and development, learning theory, diversity from multiple lenses, and educational philosophy.
Professional courses are designed to integrate the subject matter of the elementary classroom, including reading and writing, language arts and literature, mathematics, science, social studies, health, physical education and the fine arts. Professional courses provide a solid foundation in learning specific methods of teaching unique to each subject matter and the development of materials and resources needed to implement lessons and units of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Foundations of Education
- History and Philosophy of Education
- Educational Psychology
- Diversity, Language, and Culture
- Exceptional Students: Characteristics and the Special Education Process
- Collaboration and Adaptation in General Education Settings
- Methods and Materials for Teaching Reading and Writing in the Elementary Classroom
- Content Area Literacy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 3336 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.