The sport industry is one of the largest in the United States with an annual valuation of $400+ billion; globally, this figure nearly doubles. The explosive growth of sport is reflected in the expansion of professional, semi-professional, amateur, and youth sport leagues; sport marketing, advertising and promotional firms; community recreation centers and country clubs; increased sports opportunities for all populations; and around the clock use of facilities for school, community, and corporate sport and entertainment activities.
During the Sport Management course at Otterbein University, you’ll gain real-world experience in sport through numerous practicums and internship opportunities throughout all four years. You’ll integrate your formal academic preparation with a semester-long work experience at home or abroad.
You’ll learn to communicate, problem solve, collaborate, and lead! With so much hands-on experience before you graduate, you’ll be strongly positioned to land a sports industry job in areas such as: marketing, public relations, sales, arena management, retail, law, media, broadcasting, event management, finance, athletic management, and many more. And, we’ve got the graduates to prove it!
Our students have gone on to work for the Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Columbus Crew, Detroit Tigers, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Mets; the NCAA and OHSAA (Ohio High School Athletic Association); Turner Sports, IMG, and the PGA; Oakley, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Under Armor; Lucas Oil-NASCAR and Summit Motor Speedway Park; The Ohio State University Athletic Department and Jerome Schottenstein Center Arena; and many other recreation centers, country clubs, sportsplexes, stadiums and arenas, colleges/universities, and high schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management and Organizations Skills
- Ethical and Reasoning Skills
- Legal Aspects and Governance
- Effective Communication through written means and public presentations
- Internship Experience
- Globalization; Living in a Diverse Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 466 other Bachelors in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.