The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health at Otterbein University is a course of study that is designed to give students a background deeply rooted within the sciences. This degree is best suited to prepare students for entry into graduate schools in physical therapy, occupational therapy and physician assisting and contains coursework to meet the prerequisites of most graduate programs in health-related fields. As such, the BS in Allied Health includes the coursework that is required as pre-requisite coursework for these graduate fields of study.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Allied Health allows students greater flexibility within their schedule to explore other areas of graduate study or career paths that do not require such a strict science curriculum. Potential paths beyond the undergraduate career for students completing the BA in Allied Health would be graduate study in the areas of nutrition and dietetics, applied behavioral analysis, exercise science, or recreational therapy, just to name a few.
Graduate School and Employment
The Allied Health major has had a terrific acceptance rate of our students who have applied to PT, OT and PA graduate schools. Our students apply and are accepted at a wide variety of graduate schools within and outside of Ohio. Our goal as Allied Health faculty at Otterbein University is to get to know our students individually and to help identify their future goals.
Throughout one-on-one interactions and quality advising, we strive to get to know you as a person and understand your future goals. We will work with you to craft the Otterbein experience that will best prepare you to achieve those goals.
Professions include, but are not limited to:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physician assistant
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Exercise science
- Exercise rehabilitation
- Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Health Care Administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Molecular and Cell Biology
- Introduction to Organisms and Ecology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Scientific Procedures in Allied Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 461 other Bachelors in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.