These three specializations require proficiency in Latin or ancient Greek. A fourth specialization in modern Greek offers students instruction in the language, literature, and culture of modern Greece and requires proficiency in modern Greek.
- University of Florida students who major in Classical Studies often pursue graduate studies in classical languages and literature, art history, ancient history, archaeology, comparative literature, and museum studies.
- Additional career opportunities are possible depending upon the specialization the student chooses. Small class sizes, emphasis on critical thinking and expression, and a faculty committed to involvement in lower-level undergraduate courses also make this major appealing to students who want excellent preparation for entry to professional schools (e.g., medicine or law).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accelerated Beginning Latin
- Beginning Ancient Greek
- Accelerated Beginning Ancient Greek
- Ancient Egypt
- Classical Archaeology
- The Ancient City: Greek Cities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History General Studies & Classics View 542 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All international applicants should apply online.
- Submit the non-refundable $30 application fee (U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank or credit card).
- Freshmen must submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Michigan English Lab Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Applicants are exempt from the English proficiency requirement if enrolled for one academic year in a degree-seeking program at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in a country where English is the official language prior to your anticipated term of enrollment or if you are from one of the following countries.
International28658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28658 USD per year during 48 months.
National28658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28658 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.