You will study the history of the labor movement, labor law and collective bargaining, and focus on current problems and policies generated by changes in the global economy, technology, the workforce and the workplace.
You will sharpen your skills in writing and research and critical reading and thinking, as, together with a faculty mentor, you create a program to meet your specific needs and goals.
The Labor Studies program of SUNY Empire State College is offered through The Harry Van Arsdale, Jr. School of Labor Studies in New York City and Online.
Why choose a degree in labor studies?
Students pursue a degree in labor studies in order to prepare for:
- Increased responsibilities in their present position
- new careers in areas such as labor-management relations and human resources
- graduate school, especially in labor studies
- law school
- policy development
- business sector
- government service
As a regionally accredited college of the State University of New York, Empire State College offers the following related degrees in five areas — labor studies, cultural studies, historical studies, interdisciplinary studies and social science:
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
The Harry Van Arsdale, Jr. School of Labor Studies in New York City provides degree-completion opportunities for wage earners and union members in their chosen field, such as electrical construction or para-education.
- United States Labor History
- Labor Issues in International Perspective
- Management Principles
- Labor Movement: Ideas, Ideologies and Structures
- Public Sector Labor Relations
- Labor Economics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Management Studies Human Resource Management View 2132 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Proof of high school completion
- Application essay
- Official transcripts from all institutions listed on the application
- A nonrefundable orientation fee
- Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate that they have sufficient English proficiency to study at Empire State College
- Foreign educational documents must be evaluated by an approved evaluation service and original evaluation reports submitted directly to the college. Copies of evaluation will not be accepted
International11296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 353 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 353 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State9440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 295 USD per credit during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.