The Visual Communication Design program at Nazareth College combines studies in graphic design, web design, advertising, typography, illustration, and integrative studies in the liberal arts, providing you with essential competencies for visual communication.
Program curriculum is focused on preparing you for a broad range of careers in the creative field. Professional networking is integrated into your experience through associations with local chapters of American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) and the American Advertising Federation (AAF), internships, guest speakers, and agency tours.
- Focus on professional preparation and portfolio building.
- Benefit from the combination of a strong studio curriculum in digital and analog media and a liberal arts education.
- Choose to enrich your experience through 55+ study abroad options, including Italy and France for art and design majors.
- 2D Design
- 3D Design
- Professional Skills and Engagement
- Digital Imaging Foundation for Design
- Film Photography
- Digital Photography
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Communication Studies View 1254 other Bachelors in Design in United States
- Complete the free Common Application online at www.commonapp.org in English. This includes submitting a sample of your writing (up to two pages in length; may be a graded academic paper).
- Transcript/academic records: Request an international credential evaluation from SpanTran (recommended service) or any evaluation service verified by NACES (required). Minimum grade point average (GPA): 2.75.
- Provide your English language test scores: Provide an official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results.
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT exam results. (Required for nursing.)
- Recommendations: 1-3 letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors (in English).
- Finances form: After the Admission Committee makes a decision, accepted students must complete the Nazareth Declaration of Finances form and provide bank statements showing the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain your student visa).
International34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
National34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.