In this Religious Studies major at Nazareth College, you will join a community of scholars passionate about the connections between the academic study of religion and what it means to engage the challenges and opportunities of living in the 21st century.
Our approach is interdisciplinary by nature and in practice, setting the stage for you to draw on the perspectives of history, literature, and philosophy, health care and business management, theology, natural and social sciences, and the fine arts, to name a few.
- Graduates pursue a wide a variety of careers including law, education, social work, business, ministry, and counseling.
- Our department partners with The Hickey Center for Interfaith Study and Dialogue, The Center for International Education, the Asian Studies minor, and The Shannon Chair for Catholic Studies.
- Close-knit community of scholars; small classes; opportunities for short-term study abroad programs with department faculty members.
- Multicultural and interfaith context for the study of religion through Nazareth's First Year Program, service-learning partnerships, community service, and civic engagement.
- Professional development in a liberal arts context through individually designed internships to prepare for graduate studies and/or professional careers.
- Hinduism Practiced: Yoga, Devotion and Emotion
- Judaism From Abraham to Afterlife
- Religions of China
- Christianity Past and Present
- Islam & Global Issues
- Women and Goddesses in India
- World Catholicism: Pope Francis, the Church and the World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 850 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Complete the free Common Application online at www.commonapp.org in English. This includes submitting a sample of your writing (up to two pages in length; may be a graded academic paper).
- Transcript/academic records: Request an international credential evaluation from SpanTran (recommended service) or any evaluation service verified by NACES (required). Minimum grade point average (GPA): 2.75.
- Provide your English language test scores: Provide an official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results.
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT exam results. (Required for nursing.)
- Recommendations: 1-3 letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors (in English).
- Finances form: After the Admission Committee makes a decision, accepted students must complete the Nazareth Declaration of Finances form and provide bank statements showing the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain your student visa).
International34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
National34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.