This Public Health major at Nazareth College, unique among colleges in this region, prepares you to go directly into a public health career or to pursue a master’s of public health (MPH) or an advanced degree in a health care profession.
Public health teaches you to tackle health issues at the population level, learning how the environment, media, government policies, and health care delivery systems affect health.
This program works well as a double major with programs such as anthropology or business and you can add valuable skills with a minor such as analytics.
Ideal for students with a strong interest in the socio-cultural aspects of public health. You'll focus on:
- Health education and promotion
- Public health policy and administration
- Non-profit organizational work
- Governmental work – local, state, federal
- Public Health Colloquia
- Global Health
- Public Health Education Methods
- Public Health Senior Capstone
- Senior Comprehensive Examination
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 1232 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- Complete the free Common Application online at www.commonapp.org in English. This includes submitting a sample of your writing (up to two pages in length; may be a graded academic paper).
- Transcript/academic records: Request an international credential evaluation from SpanTran (recommended service) or any evaluation service verified by NACES (required). Minimum grade point average (GPA): 2.75.
- Provide your English language test scores: Provide an official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results.
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT exam results. (Required for nursing.)
- Recommendations: 1-3 letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors (in English).
- Finances form: After the Admission Committee makes a decision, accepted students must complete the Nazareth Declaration of Finances form and provide bank statements showing the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain your student visa).
International34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
National34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.