The Philosophy major at Nazareth College is not simply about asking life's big questions. It is rigorous and intensive training for the mind, requiring an unflinching spirit of inquiry and the highest order of intellectual discipline.
Our program focuses on the history of philosophy ranging from the Ancient Greeks to the 21st century feminists. Students will read a variety of authors and their works—from Plato to Emerson, Aquinas to Heidegger, and Kant to Nietzsche.
- A close-knit community of scholars devoted to the debate and study of philosophical issues.
- Emphasis on critical reading, writing, and thinking, and on cultivating the skills needed to make reasoned arguments.
- Opportunities for independent research and study abroad.
- Upper-level seminar-style classes with training in the philosophical method.
- A wide variety of courses that explore philosophy's relationship to virtually all aspects of society.
- You have the opportunity to save time and money on a law school degree through Nazareth's 3+3 B.A. to J.D. partnership with Syracuse University or University at Buffalo.
- Philosophical Inquiry
- History: Ancient - Medieval
- History: Modern - Contemporary
- Philosophy of Art
- The Philosophy of Religion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 1115 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Complete the free Common Application online at www.commonapp.org in English. This includes submitting a sample of your writing (up to two pages in length; may be a graded academic paper).
- Transcript/academic records: Request an international credential evaluation from SpanTran (recommended service) or any evaluation service verified by NACES (required). Minimum grade point average (GPA): 2.75.
- Provide your English language test scores: Provide an official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results.
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT exam results. (Required for nursing.)
- Recommendations: 1-3 letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors (in English).
- Finances form: After the Admission Committee makes a decision, accepted students must complete the Nazareth Declaration of Finances form and provide bank statements showing the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain your student visa).
International34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
National34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.