Students can choose to major or minor in Spanish. We also encourage Spanish majors to select a second major or minor that pairs well with Spanish to fully prepare them for their career goals.
Our Spanish major at University of Findlay emphasizes developing linguistic and cultural competence and all Spanish students benefit from individual tutoring and conversation practice with native speakers. A major in Spanish consists of 33 hours beyond the elementary courses. A minor in Spanish consists of 18 hours beyond the elementary courses. For teaching licensure (multi-age license in education for Spanish) in the state of Ohio, 45 semester hours are required beyond the elementary courses.
All students who have taken two or more years of Spanish are strongly encouraged to take the Spanish placement exam. The results of this test help determine the appropriate level course for continued language study. In addition, a Spanish major or minor is within your reach. By demonstrating a sufficient level of proficiency, courses can potentially be waived toward the major or minor in specific instances.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Spanish
- Advanced Strategies for Reading and Writing in Spanish
- Spanish Composition
- Culture of Spain (in Spanish)
- Spanish-American Culture (in Spanish)
- Spanish Conversation and Pronunciation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 2817 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an Undergraduate application.
- Original and official credentials showing completion of required secondary school work, or work completed through at least the first term of the final year.
- If you are a freshman applicant with LESS THAN 30 undergraduate credit hours completed, you need to provide original and official credentials showing completion of secondary school and any university coursework completed.
- If you are a transfer applicant with MORE THAN 30 undergraduate credit hours, you must submit your original and official university transcripts. You do not need to provide secondary school credentials.
- If you are an undergraduate student applying for a second bachelor's degree, you need to provide credentials showing completion and awarding of bachelor's degree.
International35174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35174 USD per year during 48 months.
National35174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35174 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Findlay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.