The Social Work program at Champlain College is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The combination of broad-based social work learning and extensive field experiences prepare you for a career rich in the satisfaction that comes from offering help and hope to those who need it most.
Student Academic Experience
You will jump right in to your Social Work education. Our Upside-Down Curriculum means students are enrolled in their first Social Work class in the fall of their first year and begin to connect with the professional community the following spring. You'll be able to explore cross-disciplinary areas, such as law, psychology and business to customize your education.
Our social justice framework prepares students for dynamic leadership in change efforts with individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations. Central to our program's mission is developing competence in the professional knowledge, values and skills of generalist practice from a local to global perspective. The location of Champlain's main campus in Burlington, Vermont, is ideally suited to this mission.
Our faculty are professional social workers invested in your success. They bring extensive social work experience and practice wisdom to their teaching, mentoring, advising and professional development support. Meet your faculty.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of social workers in health care, mental health and substance abuse, social work is expected to increase by 16% between 2016 and 2026, which is faster than average for all other occupations.
- Social Work
- Addiction Studies
- Concepts of Self
- The Rhetoric of Self
- Survey of Community Agencies
- Concepts of Community
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 879 other Bachelors in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Champlain College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The first step in applying to an online program at Champlain College is to start your fast and free online application. You'll need to create an account and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Within the online application, you'll be required to respond to 3-4 short answer essay questions that are critically important as they provide insight into you, your goals, and your plan for success in our academic programs.
- Official academic transcripts are required for any post-secondary coursework you have completed and all colleges and universities you have previously attended, whether or not a degree was conferred. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized equivalency service.
International42564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42564 USD per year during 48 months.
National42564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42564 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.