The innovative laboratory courses of the Biology program at Salve Regina University are the focal point of our curriculum. Our newly renovated facilities provide endless opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience using state-of-the-art instrumentation. Students also consider the moral and ethical consequences of advances in the sciences, developing the skills necessary for critical thinking, thoughtful analysis and sound judgment.
Outside the classroom, we encourage students to pursue their individual interests in the sciences through research projects and independent study. Working closely with faculty mentors, students are trained in cutting-edge methods, allowing them to conduct graduate-level research that is often published or presented at conferences.
While many of our students enter graduate programs, including medical, dental and veterinary schools, others find success in the fields of education, research and health care. Students may also choose to double major in biology and secondary education, which prepares them to apply for Rhode Island teacher certification for grades 7-12.
Life After Salve
Our graduates are well prepared for a wide variety of careers in fields such as:
- Environmental conservation
- Forensic science
- Health professions
- Medical and scientific illustration
- Public health and epidemiology
- Public policy
- Quality assurance
- Research and development
- Safety and hazardous materials science
- Science writing and technical writing
- General Biology
- Cell Biology and Chemistry
- Genetics: Classical, Molecular and Population
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 970 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application.
- $50 application fee.
- Official high school transcript, including grades from the senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a school counselor and one from the teacher of your choice).
- Personal essay.
- SAT/ACT scores (our CEEB code is 3759).
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college counselor/advisor and the other from a teacher who has taught you in an academic subject, such as English, mathematics, science or social studies.
International44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
National44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.