Sociology is the systematic study of human society and social interaction. It helps us gain a grasp of why people behave in certain ways and how societies develop.
Sociologists use both theoretical perspectives and research methods to make sense of why humans behave the way we do. Sociologists examine social structures, such as social groups.
They study human groups and how those groups affect the ways we interact with both members of our group and others from different groups. They also study the role of socialization in the development of our self-identities. Furthermore, they analyze the impact of social institutions on our everyday lives, such as the family, schools, media, and peer groups.
The Sociology faculty at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff are committed to your success as one of our students. They come from a wide range of backgrounds and with diverse professional training. They are dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge through scholarly research and committed to the goal of academic excellence within the classroom.
1. To teach students the concepts, theories, and methods of the behavioral and social services.
2. To introduce students to the basic social processes of society, social institutions and patterns of social behavior.
3. To train students to understand and to interpret objectively the role of social processes, social institutions and social interactions in their lives.
4. To enable students to cope effectively with the socio-cultural and interpersonal processes of a constantly changing complex society.
5. To train students for positions in criminal justice, gerontology, social science and social welfare.
6. To prepare students for graduate study.
7. To strengthen the marketable expertise in quantitative analysis and computer applications in advertising, demography, marketing and the social sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Social Problems
- Statistical Techniques in Social Science
- Introduction to Social Research
- Seminar in Sociology
- Sociological Theory
- Urban Community
- The Family
- Inequality in America
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Sociology of Sex and Gender
- Peoples & Cultures of Africa
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Prospective students should send applications and transcripts at least one month prior to registration for the semester in which the student expects to enroll.
DisciplinesSociology View 1577 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Formal application
- High school transcript (six or seven semesters for preliminary admission)
- Test information and scores (Official ACT/SAT Scores - minimum 15 ACT/810 SAT)
- Shot record showing two doses of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccination (MMR) for students born after 1956
- Official college transcripts (if you have taken college classes while in high school)
- Two letters of recommendation (for international students)
- copy of your passport biodata (photo) pagelegal name and permanent home country address (for international students)
- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff requires that all international students certify that they have the necessary financial resources to cover the estimated cost of matriculation as set forth on the UAPB Financial Statement (for international students)
International11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 171 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Pine Bluff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.