Both organizations strive to provide students preparing for the education profession with the philosophical and mechanistic skill sets necessary to succeed in and excel in the profession of education. Additionally this co-operative program strives to prepare each student for the rigors of the profession and instill within each student the ethics required to be an exceptional educator.
The educational skill sets are instilled in each education student through course work in three areas of achievement. These are: the general education requirement, the professional educational courses, and the required social science courses.
The general education requirement is composed of thirteen courses designed to prepare each student for the basic university level education and expand the knowledge base of these students. The professional educational courses prepare each student foe the administrative and classroom aspects of the educational profession.
This is accomplished through seven classroom courses and two student teaching course experiences. The required social science courses provide the student with baseline knowledge which will allow and encourage proficiency in teaching social science subjects and encourage the life long learning expected of a dedicated and superior educator.
The mission of the B. A. Social Science: Social Studies Education degree through the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is to prepare exceptional pk - 12 social studies teachers for Arkansas. This will be accomplished by following the guidelines of the Arkansas Department of Education for course requirements and rigor of training courses. Additionally, the program will be coordinated by a certified licensed social studies teacher who also holds a master’s degree and/or a Ph.D. in one or more of the social studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Regional Geography
- Geography of North America
- Human Geography (Graduate Level)
- Earth Science
- Advanced Earth Science (Graduate Level)
- U.S. History to 1877
- U.S. History since 1877
- Western Civilization
- English History to 1688
- English History since 1688
- Europe since 1920
- The Reformation
- African American History to 1865
- History of the Middle East and the Islamic World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Prospective students should send applications and transcripts at least one month prior to registration for the semester in which the student expects to enroll.
DisciplinesEducation View 3614 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Formal application
- High school transcript (six or seven semesters for preliminary admission)
- Test information and scores (Official ACT/SAT Scores - minimum 15 ACT/810 SAT)
- Shot record showing two doses of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccination (MMR) for students born after 1956
- Official college transcripts (if you have taken college classes while in high school)
- Two letters of recommendation (for international students)
- copy of your passport biodata (photo) pagelegal name and permanent home country address (for international students)
- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff requires that all international students certify that they have the necessary financial resources to cover the estimated cost of matriculation as set forth on the UAPB Financial Statement (for international students)
International11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 171 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Pine Bluff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.