These degrees are designed to prepare graduates to work as professional chemists or biochemists or forensic chemists or physicists, or to pursue advanced degrees in graduate or professional schools. An enhanced curriculum is available to students preparing for graduate school in the biomedical sciences.
The Bachelor of Science in Science Education Degree- Chemistry is offered for persons preparing to teach at the high school level. Furthermore, many other career options are available to those obtaining degrees in chemistry, biochemistry or forensics chemistry or physics. Prospective majors should prepare their course of study in consultation with their academic advisor.
This Biochemistry interdisciplinary program from University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff offers students a mix of coursework grounded in both chemistry and biology. This curriculum is designed for those students who wish to pursue graduate studies in biochemistry or a professional degree in medicine, pharmacy and other, or work as laboratory biochemists.
The program explores the chemical processes and reactions taking place within living organisms at the molecular level by giving emphasizes on molecular approach to the study of biological processes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- English Composition
- General Chemistry
- College Algebra
- College Trigonometry
- General Psychology
- Social Sciences
- Oral Communication
- Foreign Language
- Effective Thinking/Logic
- Theatre Appreciation
- Career & Life Planning
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Education Elective
- General Physics
- Quantitative Analysis
- Principles of Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Prospective students should send applications and transcripts at least one month prior to registration for the semester in which the student expects to enroll.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2039 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Formal application
- High school transcript (six or seven semesters for preliminary admission)
- Test information and scores (Official ACT/SAT Scores - minimum 15 ACT/810 SAT)
- Shot record showing two doses of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccination (MMR) for students born after 1956
- Official college transcripts (if you have taken college classes while in high school)
- Two letters of recommendation (for international students)
- copy of your passport biodata (photo) pagelegal name and permanent home country address (for international students)
- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff requires that all international students certify that they have the necessary financial resources to cover the estimated cost of matriculation as set forth on the UAPB Financial Statement (for international students)
International11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 171 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Pine Bluff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.