The History program of Wartburg College will prepare you for employment in a variety of professions that utilize skills developed through historical inquiry and cross-disciplinary knowledge. An examination of the past requires the use and development of skills for perceptive reading, critical thinking, summarizing, and intelligent articulation — foundational skills for all professions.
Our majors in history, American history secondary education, and world history secondary education will take you on a journey through time as you explore American, European and non-Western history and culture. Each major offers opportunities to become involved in:
- Study-abroad programs
- Internships at historical sites throughout the United States
- Primary research under the guidance of a faculty member
Major, Minor, and Endorsement Requirements
The Department of History offers the following majors, minors and endorsements. Each of the majors offers a link to a checklist to assist students in planning their major. For additional information about endorsements, visit Wartburg’s Department of Education.
- American Government Teaching (5-12)
- American History Teaching Major (7-12)
- History Major
- World History Teaching Major (5-12)
- History Minor
- Public History Concentration
- American Government Minor Endorsement For Social Science Teaching Majors (5-12)
- American History Minor Endorsement For Social Science Teaching Majors (5-12)
- World History Minor Endorsement For Social Science Teaching Majors (5-12)
- American History Endorsement (5-12)
- History Endorsement (K-8)
- World History Endorsement (5-12)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Historical Methods
- American History to 1877
- World Civilizations
- Topics in European History
- African History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 1923 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out our online application or the Common Application.
- Transcripts from your secondary school. Please include national exam scores (if applicable).
- ONE test score. This can be TOEFL, IELTS, EIKEN, PTE Academic, ACT, SAT, or Duolingo.
- Financial Documents: International Student Financial Aid Application or CSS Profile.
- Please send a bank statement or official bank letter outlining the amount of money your sponsor or family has available to help fund your education.
International45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
National45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.