Since its inception in 1989, the curriculum of the Women's and Gender Studies program of Albright College has incorporated a growing number of courses on men and masculinities. Although the majority of women’s and gender studies courses emphasize gender in western societies, one of the goals of this program is to provide a global context and to offer students courses which will define the roles and issues of women and men in non-western societies.
In both the Women’s and Gender Studies minor and the co-major, students will learn:
- To use gender as an analytical category
- The history of women
- The principles and varieties of feminism both as a political philosophy that shapes activism and a method of analysis in academia
- To explore the diversity of women’s experiences and how race, class, and other aspects of identity interact with gender and sexuality
- How understandings and expressions of masculinity, femininity, gender roles and sexuality are contingent and have changed over time and across culture
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sex and Gender
- Seminar in Women’s Studies
- Sex, Gender, Bible
- US Women’s History
- God and Doctors: Religion, Health, and Medicine
- Women’s Work
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- National fall deadline: rolling admissions
DisciplinesHistory Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 302 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students are required to submit an original secondary school transcript; a copy of the transcript with an official school seal; or a notarized copy of the transcript. An up-to-date transcript includes grades for the last four years of school as well as a listing of courses, exams, marks and certificates in progress.
- Students whose native language is not English are required to submit results from any one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT
- An international applicant is required to have a financial sponsor complete the Certification of Finances form and submit a bank statement issued within the past six months. Both the Certification of Finances and supporting bank statement must show that the sponsor is willing to pay and can afford the cost of the student’s education.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 USD per year during 48 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Reading
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.