Knowledge of German provides access to a culture that for more than a millennium has been central to the history, economy, arts, and sciences not just of Europe but of Western civilization as a whole.
In the contemporary world, German-speaking countries have Europe's strongest economies and are playing an increasingly important role in world affairs. More Americans claim German ethnicity than any other, and German-speaking immigrants and their descendants have had an enduring impact on the history and culture of the United States. The University of Wisconsin Madison has been a leader in the field of German studies for more than a century. The university's libraries are remarkable for the depth and breadth of their German-language holdings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Composition & Conversation
- Advanced Seminar in German Studies
- Seminar in German Culture Studies
- Introduction to German Linguistics
- Topics in German Linguistics
- Topics in German Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall Early Action: November 1
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 1971 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Course And Grade Information From Grades 9-12
- Official Test Scores: Scores From Either The Act Or The Sat Are Required And Must Be Sent Directly From The Testing Agency
- Two Essays: Tell Us About Your Academic And Personal Achievements
- One Required Letter Of Recommendation
- Additional Materials: Even After Your Application Is Complete We May Request Additional Supporting Materials Such As Self-reported Grades, Academic Performance Statements, And Course Change Documentation
International38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
National38634 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38634 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10746 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.