Interaction Design program from Santa Monica College ensure that products are appealing, effective and intuitive for their users. They create the experiences we have everyday with smart objects, devices, and the web. There is a strong demand for more UX/interaction designers in today’s high technology industries. This degree will provide students with the skills necessary to enter this well paid and exciting field.
- Knowledge of UX/Interaction Design history, practices, methodologies, and project-based processes.
- Conceptualize, solve problems, and understand the importance of the user and of user experience.
- Design and prototype for a range of platforms including the web, mobile, and tangible systems such as wearables and connected products.
- Proficiency in critical thinking, reading, writing, and oral presentation skills necessary in the design industry.
- Successfully enter the industry or create a successful entrepreneurial business in the field of UX/Interaction Design.
What People are Saying About IxD
- "The Interaction Design field has evolved so quickly, even the tech industry can barely keep up with its growth – the shortage of skilled interaction designers is just overwhelming. We need these graduates to continue our symbiotic relationship with the economy of Los Angeles and California."
- “With thousands of jobs going unfilled in the design field, SMC’s Interaction Design Bachelor’s degree is one that will prepare students locally to meet the demands of today’s technology industry and keep California at the forefront of innovation and design.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interaction Design Studio
- Interactive Storytelling
- Web Development and Scripting
- Introduction to Game Studies
- Product Design
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 755 other Masters in Design in United States
- Contact and speak with a Santa Monica College IxD counselor to discuss whether the Interaction Design program might be right for you.
- Enroll at Santa Monica College and set Interaction Design as your intended major (if you haven't already).
- Work with a Santa Monica College IxD Counselor to establish your IxD Major Preparation plan
- Complete 60 lower division units of CSU transferable general education and IxD Major Preparation Requirements
- Prepare for the Application Process
- Apply before the Deadlines
- If admitted, enroll and complete 2 years of IxD Degree Requirement courses.
International5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National5000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Monica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.