The program is designed to combine business, humanities courses and basic engineering concepts to provide the skills and knowledge needed to work on a vessel and in the maritime industry.
- The Marine Operations program at the SUNY Maritime College is designed to give students real-world insight and expertise into the business of shipping.
- Marine Operations courses include economics, physics, transportation systems, and other business courses.
- If students are interested in powering a vessel and operating and maintaining its related systems, they should pursue a U.S. Coast Guard third assistant engineer, or engine, license.
- Students interested in navigation, cargo handling and other ship systems may pursue a U.S. Coast Guard third mate, or deck license.
- Whichever license students choose to pursue, they will gain basic knowledge and skills by taking classes in the other license program. This will allow students to understand both sides of a ship's operations and be better prepared to succeed in their career after graduation.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 90 other Bachelors in Marine Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Apply online using the SUNY Application or Common Application.
- All academic credentials must have an official seal, stamp or signature of a school or government official, and be submitted in the original language (if not in English, it must be accompanied by an exactly worded and certified translation). Upon receipt of your documents we may require further evaluation. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a NACES approved evaluation service, and translated into English.
- One letter of recommendation.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Submit your English Proficiency test scores via an official score report for the TOEFL or SAT or ACT or IELTS. Please note that TOEFL and IELTS scores are not valid past two years.
International43684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21842 USD per semester during 48 months.
National37314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18657 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State33774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16887 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.