The program is designed to blend the skills you will need to work on the water onboard a commercial vessel with the knowledge you’ll need to work on land for a shipping or other kind of business later.
- The Marine Transportation program at the SUNY Maritime College includes courses about accounting, international finance, law and organizational management, in addition to courses that teach you to live and work onboard a commercial vessel.
- The Marine Transportation major is offered in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard third mate, or deck, license. Earning a deck license means you will learn to navigate a vessel, handle cargo, and operate and maintain a variety of ship systems.
- In the license program, you will spend a significant amount of time working and learning on the Training Ship Empire State VI, including during summer sea terms on the Atlantic and Mediterranean. You will be part of the college regiment of cadets, a disciplined lifestyle program that is not affiliated with the military.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTransport Management Marine Engineering View 61 other Bachelors in Transport Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Apply online using the SUNY Application or Common Application.
- All academic credentials must have an official seal, stamp or signature of a school or government official, and be submitted in the original language (if not in English, it must be accompanied by an exactly worded and certified translation). Upon receipt of your documents we may require further evaluation. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a NACES approved evaluation service, and translated into English.
- One letter of recommendation.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Submit your English Proficiency test scores via an official score report for the TOEFL or SAT or ACT or IELTS. Please note that TOEFL and IELTS scores are not valid past two years.
International21842 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21842 USD per year during 48 months.
National18657 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18657 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16887 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.