On our beautiful waterfront campus, surrounded by the East River and Long Island Sound, you will explore marine life and investigate current environmental issues such as climate change, and water and air pollution.
- The Marine Environmental Science program at the SUNY Maritime College includes general education requirements, major-specific core courses, and electives including environmental impact assessment and tropical cyclones.
- You will do hands-on work in our state-of-the-art analytical lab designed to explore physical, biological, geological and chemical properties in the marine and atmospheric environments. Overall, the program prepares you for careers as an environmental consultant, marine scientist, or meteorologist, and to pursue advanced degrees.
- Your academic knowledge is enhanced by professional learning experiences. All students must complete two summer internships or pursue a U.S. Coast Guard third mate’s license by sailing the college training ship, the Empire State VI, and joining the regiment of cadets. The regiment is a disciplined lifestyle program that holds no affiliation with the military.
The Marine Environmental Science program is an interdisciplinary exploration of the natural marine world. Your courses will give you a thorough understanding of biology, geology, math, meteorology, oceanography and chemistry. You may choose to expand your knowledge in a particular area through a minor either in marine biology or oceanography and meteorology.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering Environmental Sciences View 1476 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Apply online using the SUNY Application or Common Application.
- All academic credentials must have an official seal, stamp or signature of a school or government official, and be submitted in the original language (if not in English, it must be accompanied by an exactly worded and certified translation). Upon receipt of your documents we may require further evaluation. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a NACES approved evaluation service, and translated into English.
- One letter of recommendation.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Submit your English Proficiency test scores via an official score report for the TOEFL or SAT or ACT or IELTS. Please note that TOEFL and IELTS scores are not valid past two years.
International43684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21842 USD per semester during 48 months.
National37314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18657 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State33774 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16887 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.