The HCM-BT will open doors for these working adults by providing flexible online courses and laddering with all health-related two-year degrees granted by both colleges of technology and community colleges. The Healthcare Management program from Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology emphasizes the development of managerial skills through a set of core courses and a wide array of electives to address areas such as healthcare finance/accounting, the culture of healthcare, human resources, communications, healthcare law and ethics and policies, information systems, marketing, and quality control. This degree will also provide an opportunity for students to continue their education toward an MBA to become a CNO, CEO, or COO.
- Students will build a solid foundation in healthcare-related management courses from those currently working in the field.
- Students will be able to internally, seamlessly transfer from Alfred State’s radiologic technology, diagnostic medical sonography, health information technology, and nursing AAS degrees.
- Students will have the opportunity to enhance and broaden their training by selecting from a list of approved healthcare technical electives.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of self, as well as an understanding of the dynamics of groups and team interaction.
- Discuss and apply the methods used to plan, organize, and lead a healthcare facility.
- Analyze and use the appropriate skills and techniques needed for problem solving and decision making.
- Analyze and explain the application of employment laws and the legal system to the healthcare environment.
- Communicate effectively: oral, written, and nonverbal, using current technology where appropriate.
- Illustrate basic accounting methods and apply them using current technology.
- Perform financial and statistical analysis.
- Discuss the uses of and be able to prepare a comprehensive healthcare marketing plan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Perspectives
- The Culture of Healthcare
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Finance
- Info Systems in Healthcare
- Operations Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Health Sciences View 544 other Bachelors in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess a recognized high school diploma or its equivalent (please note that distance learning degrees/diplomas do not satisfy this requirement for New York State residents). Verification must be supplied to the Admissions Office. A score of 2700 or better on the TASC exam or a 2500 on the GED exam is needed for consideration.
- Applications are evaluated individually using a "holistic review" to make the best decision for both the applicant and the college. A variety of factors are considered (e.g., individual program requirements, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, strength of academic program, and extracurricular activities).
- To be considered for admission into programs taught on the Alfred campus, the recommended overall high school average is a 75. For programs taught in the School of Applied Technology (Wellsville campus), the recommended overall average is a 72.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.