The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Spanish at Shenandoah University—whether completed alone or combined with another major—is intended for students who want to integrate Spanish-language proficiency and/or Hispanic Studies into their chosen careers.
The program includes courses designed to help students develop their skills in speaking, listening comprehension, reading, writing, interpersonal communication and cultural competency. Our small, interactive classes are led by professors who combine cutting-edge scholarship with individualized attention to help you develop to your fullest potential.
Career and Salary Examples for Spanish Majors:
- Transportation Planner: $80,650
- Postsecondary teacher: $71, 210
- Interpreter and Translator: $48,360
- Broadcast News Analyst: $89,240
- City and Regional Planning Aid: $45,760
- Copy Writer: $69,130
- Editor: $64,910
- Logistics Analyst: $77,470
- Public Relations Specialist: $65,830
- Purchasing Agent: $66,120
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spanish Civilization & Culture
- Latin American Civilization & Culture
- Introduction to Spanish Linguistics
- Reading in U.S. Latino Literature & Culture
- The Southern Cone
- Survey of Peninsular Literature
- Survey of Latin American Literature
- Advanced Oral Spanish
- Advanced Written Spanish
- Second Language Acquisition
- Introduction to Translation
- Advanced Spanish Translation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 2127 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.