With a degree in English from Shenandoah University, you’ll have a solid foundation for an exciting future.
Anyone who has ever loved a book of any kind — or a play or poem or song or movie or TV show or comic book — knows about the power of language. Since the first prehistoric campfire entertainment, stories and songs and poems have taught us, enlightened us and held us in thrall. The study of English, which encompasses the study of great books as well as all aspects of cultural communications, is the study of this most ancient and enduring aspect of our humanity.
Our program integrates critical and creative writing, and includes an emphasis on professional and creative writing, preparing you for a variety of writing careers in the academic community or the corporate world. Our small classes and low faculty-student ratio mean you’ll receive individualized attention from experienced and caring professors. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to meet and work with visiting writers, and to develop the knowledge and skills you’ll need for a rewarding career in communications.
Shenandoah’s undergraduate degree program in English will prepare you for a variety of exciting careers in communications, including advertising executive, business consultant, editor, English teacher/professor, journalist, online writer, public relations practitioner, speaker/consultant or strategic planner, and more. In addition to developing your writing and public speaking skills, our program will teach you how to think critically and apply a variety of communications strategies and problem solving skills throughout your life.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You’ll learn how to:
- become an effective writer able to address a variety of audiences
- develop your powers of analytic, critical, and creative thinking
- understand texts and the varied ways that communications make meaning
- understand the role of textual culture in human life
- critique cultural mores and values
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 2127 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.