The Bachelor in American Studies State University of New York at Geneseo offers structured knowledge of our culture's many dimensions. The program in American Studies also allows you the opportunity to pursue an interesting, diversified, yet coherent liberal arts program, one that can serve as the basis for lifelong learning.
American Studies is an interdisciplinary approach to American culture that affords the student substantial flexibility in creating his or her collegiate experience.
Several advantages of this unique flexibility:
- Many of the college’s General Education requirements can be fulfilled while simultaneously completing the American Studies minor.
- American Studies can easily accommodate a double major in disciplines such as English and History.
- American Studies is an excellent choice for students interested graduate school. The program stresses coursework in disciplines that develop the analytic, writing and research skills necessary for professional success. Programs in law, museum studies, library science, and other graduate fields desire well-rounded and capable applicants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in American Studies: (subtitle)
- A second course in American Studies
- A course in American literature
- One course in American history before 1877
- One course in American history after 1877
- One course exploring cultural intersections in America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory American Studies View 260 other Bachelors in American Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- Appropriate Academic Records
- Proof of English Proficiency
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Financial Statement of Support
- Passport ID page Photocopy
- SAT or ACT scores are not required for international applicants.
International18787 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18787 USD per year during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16980 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.