Courses explore the nature of religion as a significant phenomenon of human life. Religion is studied by analyzing sacred texts, by examining the histories of distinct religious traditions, and by exploring the general interaction of religion with social and cultural life in diverse settings.
Upon completion of a major in Religious Studies, a student from Spelman College should be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of the academic study of religion,
- identify and analyze various methods in the study of religions,
- understand historical developments of a variety of religious traditions, including the roles and statuses of women within the traditions,
- demonstrate knowledge of the critical developments of a variety of religious traditions in the African Diaspora,
- demonstrate critical writing and reasoning skills, especially in regard to roles of religion in social life,
- identify and critically assess her participation in religious traditions and institutions as a Black woman.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study of Religion
- Theory and Methods in Religious Studies
- Senior Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 835 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed application for admission through the Common Application
- Two teacher recommendations
- Official high school and/or college transcript(s); if not in English, an official translation is needed
- Official TOEFL score (non-native English-speaking students only)
- Non-refundable $40 application fee
- Copy of completed application for your files
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Affidavit of financial support (in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of passport with Visa and I-94 card
- School leaving certificate
International25942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12971 USD per semester during 48 months.
National25942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12971 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.